The 2020 Census has come to Interior Alaska! The Census is important because the funds your tribe and other service organizations like TCC receive are determined by the Census count.
Join us in making sure that EVERYONE is counted during this year’s 2020 Census.
When you fill out the census you help….
- Determine how many seats your state gets in Congress.
- Guide how more than $167 million in federal funding is distributed to states and communities.
- Create jobs, provide housing, prepare for emergencies, and build schools, roads and hospitals.
Who should you include when filling out your census information?
- All children who live in your home, including grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
- Children who split their time between homes, if they are living with you on April 1st, 2020
- Newborn babies, even those who are born on April 1st, 2020, or who are still in the hospital.
WHAT IF THERE IS A CHILD LIVING IN A HOME WHO ISN’T SUPPOSED TO BE THERE?
People living in places that they aren’t allowed (for example, grandparents in a seniors-only residence that have grandchildren living with them, a family with more people, including children, than the lease allows, etc.) should be included in the census because the Census Bureau does not share information. This means any information provided to the Census Bureau cannot be used or shared for any other purpose than the census.
Your information is completely secure!
The Census Bureau is required by law to protect any personal information collected and keep it strictly confidential. By law, your census responses cannot be used against you by any government agency or court in any way.
When filling out the 2020 Census information, it’s important that you use your village’s federally recognized tribal name. Use the below guide to help you determine what you should write!
Find a FULL list of federally recognized tribes HERE.
|If You Live in…||You Should Write…|
Manley Hot Springs
Birch Creek Tribe
Circle Native Community
Village of Dot Lake
Native Village of Eagle
Native Village of Fort Yukon
Organized Village of Grayling
Healy Lake Village
Holy Cross Village
Village of Kaltag
Koyukuk Native Village
Manley Hot Springs Village
McGrath Native Village
Native Village of Minto
Nenana Native Association
Native Village of Ruby
Shageluk Native Village
Native Village of Stevens
Native Village of Tanacross
Native Village of Tanana
Native Village of Tetlin
Native Village of Venetie Tribal Government