Tanana Chiefs Conference is seeking six youth from the TCC region to attend this year’s Denakkanaaga Elders & Youth Conference in Anvik. Travel dates will be June 1st - June 5th.Youth who are selected will have travel, lodging and food paid for.
- Be a MC Assistant
- Be a Youth Keynote Speaker
- Learn Leadership & Communication Skills
- Meet & Learn from Elders
- Get involved with panels discussing issues such as suicide, domestic violence, elders abuse, etc.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MAY 11TH, 2015 AT 5:00 P.M. Youth Delegate Application
Women Construction Driver Apprenticeship Readiness Training is a FREE two week CDL introduction program that takes place June 1st-12th, 2015. It will provide an opportunity to explore the basic construction truck driver (CDL) skills. You will receive classroom instruction to take DMV exams to obtain your CDL A permit, experience hands-on practice range time in a tractor-trailer, introduce you to the construction truck driver industry, and prepare you for entry into apprenticeship. More importantly at the successful completion of your training you will have a direct interview opportunity into the current Construction Truck Driver apprenticeship program.
Deadline to apply is Friday, May 15th at 4:00 p.m.
Proposed Regulations for State Courts and Agencies in Indian Child Custody Proceedings
The deadline to submit a comment on the proposed changes to the Indian Child Welfare Act is Tuesday, May 19th, 2015.
HOW TO SUBMIT A COMMENT:
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Mail: Elizabeth Appel, Office of Regulatory Affairs- Indian Affairs
1849 C Street NW, MS 3642, Washington, DC 20240
- Website: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2015/03/20/2015-06371/regulations-for-state-courts-and-agencies-in-indian-child-custody-proceedings
Review Proposed Changes (PDF)