A very quick guide to operating the webmaps:
- To zoom in – hold the Shift key and drag a box with the mouse over the desired area on the map, or scroll the mouse wheel, or hit the “+” button on the map.
- To zoom out – scroll the mouse wheel, or hit the “-” button on the map.
- To pan the map – Just click and drag the map.
- To query features (when enabled) – click on a feature and look for a pop-up window.
- TCC Region Native Allotment Viewer
- TCC Region Native Allotment with Recording Districts: The same viewer as the TCC Region Allotment Viewer, with the addition of displaying State of Alaska Recording Districts.
- Tanana River Erosion Study: A viewer displaying the data associated with a study conducted in 2001 by TCC Forestry and the State of Alaska Division of Forestry. The study, summarized in a report “Bank Erosion and Large Woody Debris Recruitment Along the Tanana River, Interior Alaska“, was essentially a change analysis comparing 1978 aerial photograhy and 1998 satellite imagery to determine the area eroded by the Tanana River and the amount of large woody debris recrutied by the river over a 20-year timespan.
- TCC Region Current Wildfires: A viewer displaying real-time wildfire locations mapped by the Alaska Interagency Coordination Center, displayed with a basemap, TCC region boundary, and TCC village locations.
- TCC Legislative Districts: A viewer displaying Alaska Legislative Districts, with the ability to query districts for information on Alaska Representatives and Senators representing those districts.
- TCC Region Native Lands and Game Management Units: A viewer showing the location of ANCSA Regional and Village Corporation lands and Native allotments with State of Alaska Game Management Units in the the TCC Region.
- Proposed Ambler Road Viewer: A viewer showing the proposed route of the Brooks East Corridor, commonly known as the Ambler Road. The viewer shows the proposed route of the road, village loactions, Native allotments, and the TCC Region overlain on a topographic map base.
- TCC Region Biomass Energy Projects: A viewer showing the location by community of biomass energy projects in the region, with the ability to query for project status at each location.
- Alaska Land Status (ownership): A viewer showing land ownership in Alaska, generated from generalized section-level land status data from BLM and Native allotment dat afrom BLM, overlain by TCC region data.
- Alaska Federal Public Lands: A viewer showing Federal Public Lands in Alaska and Conservation System Units (Parks, Refuges, Wild and Scenic Rivers, National Recreation Areas), generated from generalized section-level land status data from BLM, overlain by TCC region data.
- Alaska Public Safety: A viewer showing the locations of Village Public Safety Officers and Alaska State Trooper Posts in Alaska.
- Yukon River Watershed: A general overview of the Yukon River watershed and communities within it.
- TCC Region village health facilities: A viewer displaying information about village health facilities in the TCC Region. Click an individual village for detailed information.
Native Place Name Maps:
- Dene Native Place Names: A simple viewer showing Alaska Dene Native placename data; Data compiled by Gerad Smith, and acquired from a wide variety of sources and research projects, primarily by Dr. James Kari. This data is a work in progress, and is password-protected.
- Upper Kuskokwim Native Placenames: A simple viewer showing Native placename data for the Upper Kuskokwim Region of Interior Alaska. Acquired from the Alaska Native Language Center, using data researched by James Kari and others.
- Lower Tanana Native Placenames: A simple viewer showing Native placename data for the Lower Tanana Region of Interior Alaska. Acquired from the Alaska Native Language Center, using data researched by James Kari and others.