The Tanana Chiefs Conference Tribal Vocational Rehabilitation Program (TCC TVR) provides assistance to advance vocational opportunities for individuals with disabilities that enrich tribal, cultural, and traditional values which promote independence and self-determined quality of life.
If you have trouble getting or keeping a job or being productive in subsistence activities because of a physical or mental disability, TCC’s Vocational rehabilitation program could be just what you’re looking for.
Talk with a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor and find out more about the program, what it takes to be eligible, and how to get started getting the services you need. You can do it…and we can help!
Tribal Vocational Rehabilitation Programs are designed to assist people with disabilities with employment outcomes, such as returning to the workforce, by exploring careers, or attending short term approved training, or participating in subsistence activities and the sustenance of their communities & rural, remote Villages.
- Applicant must reside within a Village in the TCC service area.
- Applicant must have a documented physical or mental disability which results in substantial impediment to employment.
- Applicant must have documents proof of Alaskan Native or American Indian Descent & enrolled in their Tribe or Corporation.
Types of Training Provided
- Vocational: Knowledge acquired through training from an educational Institution, on the job, tutors, or a combination
- Pre-Vocational: Academic and Basic training to develop preparatory Skills needed to enter vocational training or employment successfully.
- Personal Adjustment: Assists with personal habits and skills that will enable the individual to function effectively in the workforce with their disability.
- Assistive Technology: Assistive Technology is available for rehabilitation needs.
Don’t Let a disability limit
your ABILITY to enjoy a
Subsistence lifestyle and
Support yourself & your family.
Assisting People With
- Head Injuries
- Hearing Impairments
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Illness
- Orthopedic Problems
- Seizure Disorders
- Speech problems
- Spinal problems
- Visual impairments
- Alcohol and drug abuse recovery
- Intellectual developmental disabilities
- Individual vocational counseling and guidance
- Diagnostic inventory and referrals services
- Medical and psychiatric referral services
- Assistive devices such as artificial limbs, hearing aids, wheelchairs, etc., vocational training in schools, colleges, on-the-job training by correspondence or by tutor
- Licenses, equipment, and tools
- Suitable job placement referrals
- Referrals for independent living services and recreational opportunities.
- Tribal Vocational Rehabilitation Application must be completed first
- Medical Release of Information (ROI)
- Educational Release of Information (ROI)
- Release of Information (ROI)