We provide services to children who are enrolled members of or eligible for enrollment in a federally recognized Tribe who are:
- under the age of 13
- under the age of 19 with a disability.
The program provides financial assistance in paying for child care services to parents or caregivers who are :
- Attending school
- Attending training
- Participating in a treatment program
- Performing subsistence activities
- looking for a job
Becoming an Approved Provider
- Must be 18 years of age.
- All application forms are available at TCC Child Care Assistance Program, 5th Floor Chief Peter John Tribal Building and at all Tribal offices.
- Provider Registration Application completed and signed by the parent(s) and provider.
- Non-Relative providers who reside in the village—Complete Tribal License provider application.
- Non-Relative providers who reside in the Fairbanks area—Must be licensed through the Fairbanks North Star Borough.
We require all potential providers and anyone living inside the household who is over the age of 18 to provide a criminal background check, tuberculosis test, and OCS Clearance.
There are two types of providers. Relative Providers, a person who is related to the dependent child by marriage, court decree, full or half-blood and who is within the fifth degree of kinship to the child. A Non-Relative Provider, is not related to the child, and is a person living in the village who can be approved by completing the Tribal License Provider Application.
- Child Care Application (200KB)
- Child Care Provider Registration Application (1070KB)
- Tribal Licensed Provider Application (138KB)