For the past 100 years, TCC has been shaping Federal Indian Policy and Tribal-State relations through powerful joint advocacy. This site is to provide up to date information on current advocacy issues which will empower Alaska Native tribes and tribal members. Only unified together, are we able to craft the laws and policies which impact our people.
Our Senior Managers, Executive Board, Staff, and Legal Counsel stay current on events and are happy to speak with interested individuals.
- Advocacy/Legislative Update 9.4.20
It’s Budget Crunch Time
It’s that time of year…it used to be the time of year when I would report out to you what the DOI/BIA/IHS budgets were going to be for the next fiscal year, but now more often than not it is the time of year to talk about government shutdowns and short term appropriation bills to get us through the rest of the year. This year, lucky us, the House and Senate are entrenched in the regular federal budget struggle with a sprinkling of coronavirus stimulus on the top! Story here. And another here.
- TCC weighs in on Board of Fish nominees
- Absentee Voting is awesome, but CAN I GET A WITNESS????
- Longtime Interior Legislator loses primary
- Supreme Court weighs in on Ballot Measure
- Division of Elections will mail you a ballot if you are over 65..the rest of us…sign up here.
- Alaska can’t borrow money to pay oil and gas company