As of Monday, March 23, 2020 at 1pm, on an interim basis during the COVID-19 response, TCC will be delivering health care from two locations in Fairbanks.We will be moving Women’s Health / OB services and a limited amount of pediatric services to the Al Ketzler Sr. Building, 1st Floor.
Tanana Chiefs Conference will now be providing care in two locations. Below are the available services at each location:
- Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center: 8 am – 5 pm, Monday – Sunday
- Urgent Care needs by walk-in access,
- In-person appointments only if absolutely necessary. We will do our best to ensure the safety of our patients.
- Please call our Central Scheduling to get a message to your PCP/provider or to another one of our providers so they can call you back and book a telephone or telemedicine visit with you.
- If needed, we can do adult immunizations at the CAIHC – this will have to be done by appointment, and will be done if patients absolutely need to be seen in person.
- Drive by testing for COVID 19 if indicated – by appointment through Central Scheduling.
- Rapid Access COVID 19 evaluation clinic.
- The Al Keltzer Sr. Building: All visits are by appointment only.
- Pediatric immunization clinic (2, 4, 6, 12 months only). Please call Central Scheduling to obtain an appointment. This is NOT in place of a well-child visit, but is considered extremely important in order to protect children from other communicable diseases during this time.
- Pediatric newborn (hospital follow up) and 2 week visit clinic. These are able to be scheduled through Central Scheduling or at time of discharge from the hospital.
- Women’s Health and OB clinic. Patients will be called 1-2 days prior to their appointment to ensure they are not experiencing any respiratory symptoms.
For continued follow up of chronic medical conditions, both adult and pediatric, patients may call Central Scheduling and have a message sent to their provider. At that time, the provider and patient can then decide which type of appointment is most appropriate (in person, virtual, or by phone). We want you to know that our staff is working diligently to provide the best care possible. Please be aware that this now requires most providers to perform additional steps in order to complete these duties.
Please note, that you may be receiving a call from one or our staff members informing you of the change of location for some of our services.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we continue to deliver care while trying to ensure the safety of everyone.