Winter is upon us and with changing weather comes hazards
There are safety tips to keep in mind before you venture out in rural Alaska.
- Be Prepared- make sure you have a plan.
- Tell someone where you’re going and the route you plan to take.
- Always check weather conditions, try to bring a partner for long travel.
- Slow down and avoid traveling across bodies of water when uncertain of the ice thickness.
- With warmer temperatures it’s getting harder to predict the thickness and relative safety over rivers and lakes.
- Finally, don’t drive impaired! We want you to get to your destination safely.
Check out our Public Service Announcement from Chief/Chairman Victor Joseph below
For more videos from Tanana Chiefs Conference, be sure to visit our YouTube Page by clicking HERE.