All primary eye care services are provided at our fully equipped facility. These services are provided to TCC beneficiaries of all ages including infants and very young children.
Some of the services provided by our Eye Clinic include:
- Comprehensive eye examinations
- Infant and children’s eye care
- Diabetic eye examinations
- Treatment and management of eye diseases
- Consulting and co-management of eye surgery
- Fitting and dispensing of eyeglasses and contact lenses
Routine eye care services are provided by appointment. To schedule an appointment please call the Eye Clinic main desk, 907.452.8251 ext 3220. Appointments are generally scheduled two weeks in advance.
Walk-in appointments for routine exams are offered upon availability. For a routine walk in patients must check in at the Eye Clinic at 8:30 am or 1:00 pm. Walk-ins are not guaranteed to be seen and are taken in order of urgency.
Glasses and Contact Lenses
We are pleased to offer competitively priced eyeglasses for purchase, as well as Medicaid and Denali KidCare eyeglasses. Cosmetic contact lens exams and fittings are available for adults who are good candidates for this kind of vision correction. Adolescents must have written consent from a parent or legal guardian. An initial fitting requires a follow up examination one to two weeks afterwards. An initial fitting fee ($100) and an annual examination fee ($75) are charged for all contact lens examinations. Competitively priced contact lenses may be purchased through the TCC Eye Clinic. If vision correction is needed for driving, school or other occupational and safety reasons, back-up glasses are required in addition to contact lenses.
Rural Eye Services
Periodically the eye doctor and staff will travel to many of the TCC villages to provide eye clinic services. At this time, contact lens services are not available in our villages. If you would like to know when our Eye Clinic staff may be traveling to your area, please contact the Eye Clinic.
During regular office hours eye emergencies are treated at our Eye Clinic. Urgent and emergency eye conditions are seen as walk ins. For eye emergencies after hours call the After Hours Triage Nurse at 1-800-478-6682 or 451-6682.
In the case of a severe eye emergency visit the Fairbanks Memorial Hospital Emergency Room or call 9-1-1. If you use the Emergency Room for health care that is not an emergency, you may be responsible for the bill.
Healthy Vision for Life.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality comprehensive eye care to the Interior Alaska Native people. We will do this by creating a patient-centric experience with our expertly trained eyecare team of professionals who are committed to our core values using industry-leading technology.
- Respect – We treat others as we expect to be treated. We respect that our patients have a choice and we are thankful that they trust their vision to us.
- Integrity – With our uncompromising ethical conduct, we will earn the trust and respect of the employees, patients and communities we serve.
- Service – Unparalleled patient service is our foundation. We will demonstrate this through our compassionate actions and stewardship of time, resources, and talents. We always strive to deliver on that which is expected, promised or hoped for. We will seek consistently positive patient experience and feedback.
- Empowerment – We believe providing exceptional patient centered care through employee and patient empowerment. We will educate our patients and staff to empower them to succeed and make continual strides to reach our vision of “Healthy Vision for Life.” We will employ a diverse, capable and committed staff and provide an environment that fosters safety, trust, respect and compassion.