We know these are unprecedented times in our world and a difficult time for you and your families. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we are having to take new actions daily. The priority of TCC Leadership has always been the health, safety and well-being of our employees, their loved ones, the people we serve and our communities. In light of the recent positive COVID-19 cases in Fairbanks, TCC is taking new steps to combat the spread of the virus in our community.
Effective immediately and until further notice, aside from core medical and behavioral health services, supportive and essential programs, TCC is developing plans to have as many employees as possible continue their work from home. We are asking employees to practice patience and flexibility as this is uncharted territory for TCC and we will all be figuring this out together. Supervisors will be working with their programs to identify which employees will be working from home while ensuring adequate coverage of services.
If you are asked to work from home, please think through what you will need to take home with you in order to accomplish as many of your job duties as possible. Please work with your immediate supervisor on the specifics for your particular job and the necessary resources.
We are unclear how long this will be in effect but we will be assessing this situation daily and keeping you updated. We will be using a combination of email, intranet, social media, website and the alert media phone call system to keep employees updated.
Stay home and don’t interact with the community. The only way to prevent the spread of this virus is to avoid contact with others.
- Be ready and able to report to work. This is not considered a vacation for employees. You are expected to be able to report and/or respond to TCC business at any point during the day. Guidelines will be established by your supervisor.
Additionally, during this time of rapidly changing advice, guidelines and need, TCC may at their sole discretion repurpose staff duties to meet operational needs.
Technologies for remove working:
- Citrix can be used from offsite locations on either business or personal computers. Generally if using Citrix, you would not need to also use the VPN.
- Global Protect VPN should be used from offsite locations on TCC computers only. Generally if using the VPN, you would not need to also use Citrix.
- Zoom can be used from any location on any device (phone, laptop, desktop, etc).
Ongoing Employee Health Monitoring
TCC will continue to monitor and track COVID-19 health concerns among our employees, even those who are working at home. Employees need to continue to contact employee health for any of the scenarios below. For those working on-site Employee Health will continue to screen and provide clearance and guidance. Employee Health must be contacted at 451-6682 for either of the scenarios below:
- If any employee (or person living with them) has returned from recent travel
- If any employee (or person living with them) is exhibiting flu-like and/or respiratory symptoms or fever
Tips to Reduce Spread of COVID-19
Whether you are working at home or in a critical job at TCC that requires you to be at work, please make sure you are following the following guidelines:
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
- Practice social-distancing which means staying at least 6 feet away from others.
- Avoid eating or drinking in bars, restaurants, and food courts – use drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips, and social visits.
- Do not visit nursing homes or retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
- Practice good hygiene:
o Wash your hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface.
o Use hand sanitizer (with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol) if you don’t have access to soap and water.
o Avoid touching your face.
o Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
o Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
As a reminder, TCC has issued a suspension of all travel (except deemed an emergency or necessity for providing services) until further notice. Employees are encouraged to follow these same guidelines for personal travel and PTO. If employees decide to go against this recommendation and proceed with personal travel they are REQUIRED to notify their supervisor of the dates and location of travel and will be subject to screening upon return. These employees may not be offered the option to work from home and may be required to stay home and use PTO.
As we navigate these difficult times, we would like to remind everyone to act from a place of Ch’eghwtsen.’ We are all in this together and as we adapt to our current situation which is changing daily, we need to remember our core values – particularly Empathy, which states ‘We provide services from the heart with the spirit of Ch’eghwtsen’ which includes unconditional love, forgiveness, compassion, dignity and respect.’