State Sues Over Hunting Decision
The State of Alaska has filed a preliminary injunction against the Federal Subsistence Board decision that gave local federal land managers the authority to open federal lands in their respective jurisdictions for fishing and hunting by emergency or temporary regulations to lessen food insecurities due to COVID19. The state alleges that this act constituted an improper delegations of authority. This is a junk take IMO given that ANILCA gives specific authority for subsistence hunts, but we shall see what the courts say. This would be a good time to remind everyone that if the promises made during the ANCSA negotiations regarding Alaska Native hunting and fishing rights were implemented, this would not be an issue….sigh…
Kamala rhymes with Pamela
Just in case we have a new vice president-elect come November I thought it would be a good idea to get this out there early. Democratic Presidential hopeful Joe Biden announced his pick for his running mate this week after what felt like years of speculation. Senator Kamala Harris (CA-D) was one of several prominent women that were on the short list for consideration. Harris was herself a presidential candidate until calling off her race earlier in the year. If elected, Harris would become the first woman and the first African American in that role. Story here.
- If the candidate you are voting for says they will give you a full PFD…be skeptical
- US HHS Secretary see success in how our Tribes have dealt with pandemic
- Republican races are heating up..aka the race to the far right
- Another article on voting during the pandemic – VOTE!
- Inupiaq challenger in the US Senate race!!
- How Native American Tribes are Winning the SCOTUS – good article on landmark court decisions happening now
- More bad news about the Post Office – basically our President hates it.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs demanding that schools open