ASRC leaves AFN and other corps to follow suit
Well… I’m just gonna leave this here.
Last night, on December 19, 2019, President Donald Trump became the third president to be impeached by the U.S. House of Representatives. On the first article of impeachment, the House voted 230-197 to charge Trump with abuse of power. The House voted 229-198 on the second article to charge the President with obstruction of Congress. All House Republican members opposed both articles of impeachment while two Democrats opposed and one did not vote.
In a tactical move, Speaker Nancy Pelosi stated that the House will delay the delivery of the articles of impeachment to the Senate. In making this decision, Speaker Pelosi cited major concerns that the Senate would conduct an unfair trial on the removal of President Trump. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has already openly admitted that the process will be partisan and that he has been working closely with the White House. Speaker Pelosi believes that the delay in delivery will provide leverage to Senate Democrats in their pursuit of a fair rules governing the trial.
We have a budget deal!
Congress makes some deals in the wake of budget deadline. The total budget is $1.4 trillion and President Trump is expected to sign the bills into law tomorrow right before the federal government’s funding expires. Overall, Indian Country programming received across the board increases over FY2019 enacted spending levels. Story here. Another take here.
Federal Reports: None
News Links: None
- State restores Medicaid adult dental after veto by Governor
- Get to know your legislator: Click Bishop
- Governor makes time for budget questions…in DC
- Will Eklutna get a casino? *** this article is fairly racist..be warned
- More money for rural troopers, but will they actually help our problems?
- Native Corps get break in federal legislation
- The President was impeached. That is all.