Biden Transition Team Includes Chickasaw Tribal member
With the transfer of power taking place in our nation’s capital, the President-elect has charged a team with making recommendations for key positions within the soon to be President’s cabinet. Kevin Washburn, who served as the assistant secretary for Indian Affairs for the Obama/Biden administration, has been tapped to assist in leading a team of 11 evaluating the operations of the Department of the Interior. Tanana Chiefs Conference is actively engaged in advocating for changes that will benefit our communities. Click here for the list of folks on the team.
Longest Serving Congressman tests positive for COVID
Alaska’s lone US Congressman Don Young has Coronavirus. He is among more than two dozen members of Congress that have tested positive in recent days. Young has been criticized for his disregard for the seriousness of the virus. Story here.
- Voters retain Justice Carney
- Ballot Measure 2 is squeaking by right now
- Election results
- Five Landless Alaska Native Tribes have bill introduced
- ADF&G releases updated draft of $50 million CARES Act fisheries relief spend plan
- Will there be a Bipartisan Coalition in the State House?