The Office of Environmental Health (OEH) Training Program provides classroom trainings to rural water operators, utility managers, and council members to increase their operation and management capacity and improve the health of their community.
OEH training classes include:
- The OEH training class schedule can be viewed on the calendar.
- Most rural community participants are provided lodging and meals during the training.
- Instructors are provided by OEH staff and partner agencies.
- Course content is consistent with operation best-practices while relevant to Alaska’s environmental conditions and cultures.
2016 OEH Training Classes
- Feb 22-23: Small Community Emergency Response Plan (SCERP) workshop – for villages that have not completed a SCERP, or that want to update their SCERP
- March 27-31: Introduction to Small Water Systems – Provisional level I – for drinking water operators
- April 10-14: Operational Management – for village utility managers/administrators
- April 18-20: Solid Waste Management – for village environmental employees and administrators
Please contact the OEH Training Coordinator
- (907) 452-8251 ext. 3437
- Outside Fairbanks: (800) 478-6822 ext. 3437