The primary focus of Institutional Environmental Health is healthcare facilities. OEH also works with village-based programs that provide service to vulnerable populations, such as children and elders, to ensure these facilities are safe for staff, clients, and visitors.
- Annual environmental health and safety inspections.
- Food safety and sanitation.
- Training in food safety, communicable disease prevention, play area safety, and related topics.
Village Health Clinics
- Annual environmental health and safety surveys.
- Accreditation consultation.
- Conduct design reviews of new village clinics.
- Environmental compliance.
- Training upon request.
Environment of Care
OEH supports environmental health and safety at Fairbanks based facilities by participating in activities with Health Services’ Safety Officer:
- Advises as part of the Health Services Safety & Infection Control Committee.
- Participates in hazard rounds at CAIHC and other local facilities.