Intellectual Developmental Disability
We provide services to children & adults who have been diagnosed with an intellectual developmental disability (IDD) and who reside primarily in the rural remote Villages.
An IDD is a severe, chronic disability that is attributable to a mental or physical impairment (or a combination thereof), is manifested before the age of 22, is likely to continue indefinitely, and results in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following areas of major life activity:
- Receptive & expressive language
- Economic self-sufficiency
The program provides assistance in applying for and receiving services through the State of Alaska. The DD Coordinator provides case management, advocacy & referral, and works with the individuals and families to develop individualized plans of care based on the individual’s needs and preferences.
Family Directed Respite Care
The program also provides Family Directed Respite Care for families who are primary caregivers who need a break from the constant care of a child or adult with intellectual developmental disabilities. The DD Coordinator helps with arranging and paying the costs of Family Directed Respite Care.
Becoming an Approved Provider
Families choose the person they want as their respite care provider. The families hire, train, and manage their own providers. If you are interested in becoming a family directed respite care provider, you must meet these requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Provider Contract completed and signed by the parent(s) and provider
- We require all potential providers and anyone living inside the household who is over the age of 18 to provide a criminal background check, tuberculosis test, and ICPA clearance.
All application forms are available at TCC Community Developmental Disability Program, 5th Floor Chief Peter John Tribal Building.
- Developmental Disability Determination Application must be completed first
- Developmental Disabilities Registration and Review required after application is approved
- Release of Information (ROI) must be sent in with application
- How to complete the ROI
- ROI Revocation Form
- TCC Developmental Disabilities Program Brochure
- TCC Developmental Disabilities Informational Booklet
- Information on Criminal Background checks from the State of Alaska Department of Public Safety
- State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Services; Senior & Disabilities Services
- Medicaid Waiver Brochure