COMING SOON TO TANANA CHIEFS CONFERENCE
What is Athena Health?
AthenaHealth is an Electronic Health Record system that will allow patients to have easier access to their health information, more ways to communicate with their care team, and better care coordination with our partners, such as the Alaska Native Medical Center and the Fairbanks Memorial Hospital.
The New Patient Portal
An effective patient portal is the centerpiece of any comprehensive patient engagement strategy. It’s where patients can easily exchange messages with providers, access information, request and cancel appointments and more.
The patient portal is available via desktop, tablet and mobile devices, bringing patients greater convenience and more opportunities to stay connected.
With the 24/7 Online Patient Portal, patients will be able to:
- Conveniently request and view appointments
- Request prescription refills
- View test results and health information
- Communicate privately with your provider
- Complete and print health forms
Access Personal Health Information
The AthenaHealth patient portal allows patients convenient access to important health information, 24/7.
- Lab and other test results can be sent to patients securely
- Care summaries are conveniently available for patients’ review
- Current and previous medications are listed for easy access
- Immunization history is available to patients anytime they need it
- View kids immunizations for school requirements.
The HIPAA compliant way to open lines of communication and engage patients in their care
- Patients can send their provider or care team questions or messages securely
- Patient messages will be sent to appropriate staff – scheduling, billing, providers and more – based on the patient need
- Request medication refill requests without the hassle of a phone call
- Care teams will be able to follow up on care plans through the patient portal to drive better health outcomes
The patient portal encourages patients to take control of their health with free online tools and educational resources
- Patients will be encouraged to take an active role in their health through online articles and educational materials within the portal
- Patients receive treatment guidance using our online medical symptom checker
Expert Patient Engagement Services
Through automated messaging, live operators, and a convenient patient portal, the AthenaHealth patient service helps engage patients in their care. With our new health record, our patients will receive:
- Automated reminders:
– Patients can receive automated reminders for appointments, billing, and preventive and follow up care through email, text or phone.
– Choose to be alerted when test results are in the patient portal.
- Live operator service: AthenaHealth live operators act as an addition to the TCC team, accessing the same information as the staff, so they can help cancel or reschedule appointments, pay bills, leave messages for their care teams and more – all after hours.
- Online patient access: Patients will be able to engage in their care using the new portal to review their health history, sign forms, and more. The portal is mobile accessible, giving patients 24/7 access anytime, anywhere from any device.
After-Hours Answering Service
Tanana Chiefs Conference has implemented a new after-hours answering service. As of August 29th, Citrahealth began providing expert medical advice and messaging services to TCC patients. The goal of this change is to provide the region with consistent access to after-hours care. As always, we strive to provide high quality care for our patients.
Having an after-hours answering service and nurse triage provided by one company will provide TCC patients with improved service by having a quicker call back time by the triage nurse, with the added ability to be immediately transferred to a nurse if necessary. Patients needing to call after hours will call the normal after hours number, 1-800-478-6682, and the calls will be received by Citrahealth solutions.
We are excited to be able to offer this service to our clients and look forward to our new partnership with Citrahealth!